Fusion air pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion air pump

I have 4 or 5 of these of varying sizes and thought I'd share a quick fix I use for them as I know they're pretty popular. If you have a model with an adjustment dial and it seems to be weakening in output, obviously check the diaphram first, if thats okay, I've found that a blown circuit board on the adjustment knob can be the culprit. I simply bypass the adjustment wiring and go straight to the motor and tada! Works perfect, of course you can no longer adjust with the dial and the pump goes at maximum but you can bleed off excess at your gang valve. You do have a gang valve installed to prevent back pressure right?

Quick note: When you bypass you'll notice the dissimilar wiring you are connecting (copper and aluminum) the best way to connect them is with a connector designed for different metals for safety reasons. Personally I just use wire nuts.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Re: Fusion air pump

Awesome Matt!!!

Another suggestion if I may add it, send all Fusion Pumps to Matt

Comment

Hey thats a great tip! DO you think you could write us a step by step with pictures the next time you do one? or take your spare apart and take some quick shots of how to fix it?
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Absolutely! When i get a minute I'll put something together.
        __________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Feel free to pm it to me if you would rather write it in a different document than the posting window and I will get it posted up with the proper formatting for you (with your full credit of course)
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X