Quiet Air Pumps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet Air Pumps?

Can anyone recommend a quiet air pump? This tank is in my bedroom and I can still hear the air pump even with a wash cloth underneath it.

Re: Quiet Air Pumps?

What kind are you using now? I have some tetra whispers and they arent too bad, I have heard of a couple that are quieter. Air pods are being used one a few tanks at my LFS and I can't really hear them.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Technical Engineering and Development M100.

I've used Tetra Whisper, Topfin, Fluval, and Fusion for the bedroom. All have been to noisy for me.

Comment

Have you tried http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-11112-Marin ... a+air+pump
        Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
          Nope, but I am willing to give it a shot. I have prime which is good. Thanks.

Comment

I've got the 200, it's very quiet for the massive ammount of air it pumps out. Petco brand airpumps drive me insane with their noise. ahhhhhh.
            Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

lol yeah air pumps I find to either be noisy or quiet there seems to be no middle ground at all to them.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
                lol yeah air pumps I find to either be noisy or quiet there seems to be no middle ground at all to them.
                I'm okay with the quiet ones

Comment

My assessment of this air pump...still not quiet enough for my bedroom.

I think i have to face it that there isn't an airpump quiet enough for me.

Comment

I have three from Walmart that are very quiet.
                    -Jonathan

Comment

I took off the air pump on my largest, it's actually battery operated by 4 D batteries, tank and now I just use a circulation pump pointed up to create some good ripples. Much quieter.
                      Christine

Comment

I have an alita AL-60 linear drive air pump and it is completely silent. I have to touch it to make sure it's on sometimes. This model conservatively runs 60+ air outlets at a time, but they do make it in smaller models. It'll cost more than your standard shelf air pump, but it's well made.

Comment

Hey AP!

I have this: Eheim Air Pump 3704

As far as the pump is concerned it is very quiet, but as always the water breaking the surface is not! I think with air pumps it's a noisy en-devour no matter what, that we endure because we love our aquatic companions.

Originally posted by jetajockey View Post
                          I have an alita AL-60 linear drive air pump and it is completely silent. I have to touch it to make sure it's on sometimes. This model conservatively runs 60+ air outlets at a time, but they do make it in smaller models. It'll cost more than your standard shelf air pump, but it's well made.
                          Wow, that sounds like a great piece of kit!
                          Last edited by catsma_97504; 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM. Reason: Merging back to back posts
                          When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

Well depending what you are running I have noticed on power and quiet Whisper 60... fusion 500 & 700 are quiet as well but neither has the power of the whisper 60... THEN there is the whisper AP300 which I have in my basement pumping UP 15 feet through 22 feet of tubing BLASTING Bubbles through a 21 bubble wand
                            It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                            As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                            X