oh...my...driftwood...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh...my...driftwood...

So earlier i was boiling driftwood to try and get it to sink (6 hours late thing still floats...) anyways I dumped the water and saw the bottom of the pan turned black... how the heck do i go about cleaning?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Buy a new pot

Comment

Looooots of elbow grease

Comment

*sigh* that's what I was fearing lol... I was expecting some kind of vinager(sp) mix lol... looks like i get a new pot for fish and mom gets a new pan to never use lol... (found tis one in the garage and she flipped when she saw I was using it... my argument was if you loved the pan why was in not in the kitchen?) Needless t say I lost but still haha
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Do you have barkeepers friend around there? I've gotten driftwood stains out with it before Its very acidic though so you can't really let it soak, it can ruin the pot if left too long.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Barkeepers friends? Nope I have someone that like to go to bars but I only associate at family functions... what's the stuff called maybe I can try to find some... I will leave it to soak tonight then I will go and scrub the heck out of it tomorrow morning before work!
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

We have Barkeepers Friend up here, so I imagine he'd have it down there

Comment

Oh that's the name of the stuff? Lol my bad... (so confused haha)
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Haha I was confused the first time I heard someone mention it! I think I've seen it at Menard's. It comes in a white bottle.

Comment

Oh okay... we have a small menards here I will ask them next time I go in... thanks!
                    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Well I now own said pot... and my friend suggested I name that pot potsworth lol like the clock from beauty and the beast (she is a hardcore Disney movie fan)
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Lol I get laughed at for naming my snails and you have named a pot I thought I was silly
                        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Hey Mr. Potsworth is a very respectable person :-) besides if i could tell them apart I would name my snails also lol
                          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I have to admit, I named my 3 mysteries I got from Jon, I don't even name 95% of my fish!

Imo Mr. Potsworth is about a good a name for a pot as any
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Lol I don't name most of my fish. Too much work to keep track. I only had one snail named and that was Valentina LOL. She was the largest, pinkest snail I've ever seen.
                              -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                              X