Top Fin Barbie Decoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Fin Barbie Decoration

I've been having bad experiences with Top Fin lately. A 10 gallon filter has stopped pumping well and is now only going at half power.

But that isn't what this is about. This is about their ornament. I bought this Barbie decoration from PetSmart for my nieces' 15 gallon betta tank.

Within a month, this happened:

Water was seeping UNDER the paint. The betta that was in the tank seems to have been affected by this, as I was told he keeps lying on his side on the sand substrate but he still gets up and swims around. At first I thought it was something else, but I have a strong suspicion that whatever is affecting the betta came from this. I've since done basically a 100% water change in order to get rid of any chemicals but the betta hasn't seen much improvement. I don't know if Maracyn 1 and 2 will help him or not but the other inhabitants of the tank don't seem to be affected.

I'm fed up with Top Fin. My recommendation: Don't buy their products.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. My topfin filter also recently stopped working well. Barely pushes any water.

You're right... she's not very attractive. Lumps in all the wrong places
    -Jonathan

Comment

Hahahaha... sorry this happened... decor seems to stink no matter who is making it...
      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

My son had a spiderman decoration that did the exact same thing in his ADF tank. I removed it and it smelled horrible.

Comment

That looks like something that I'd expect from a non aquatic ornament; not one produced by an aquatics company. Hope that betta recovers with the ornament out of the tank!!
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Can't really says its produced by an aquatics company... after all it says made in china... then if your lucky top fin might put a plastic tie with a top fin logo tag and 1000x cost

~Anthony

Comment

Hmmm the Top Fin filter that came with my 10 gallon also stopped filtering - I turned it on after it had been off for awhile (and the overflow had dried, this making it easier to see how much water poured over) and I was surprised to see it was barely a trickle. Guess it sounds like I've had a pretty normal Top Fin experience

Hope the betta perks up

Comment

The filter that came with the Top Fin 37G setup we just got seems to work ok, but it is noisier than all the other filters put together - and that is 3 canisters, 3 HOBs and a corner filter.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

The top in HOB that came with the 5.5 I've had no issues and is quiet too :-) LoL.... I wouldn't go out and buy one that's for sure lol

~Anthony

Comment

I haven't had much luck with top fin products either.

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. My topfin filter also recently stopped working well. Barely pushes any water.

You're right... she's not very attractive. Lumps in all the wrong places
                    lol

Comment

I always seem to have issues with their stuff, so I agree it isnt a brand I prefer to use if at all.
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I use their heaters that's about it though... Their power head I bought rattles and it.drives me juts lol
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I had a shark "no fishing" decoration that did the same thing, most likely resulting in the prompt death of my first female betta.

Comment

Wow. I didn't expect this many replies from people who've had bad experiences with them. You'd think Top Fin would be doing better quality control since it can't just be us that's complaining about their products.

At least it was on sale...

Comment

My daughters Pink Castle the paint literally flaked off everywhere

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X