No announcement yet.

Deep Blue 300 watt Heat Stik Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet you would be able to at least get it fairly warm with them...
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Ah bummer, sorry to hear they didn't work out.
      Christine

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
        I bet you would be able to at least get it fairly warm with them...
        I bet you could too. It's an interesting thought, that's for sure.
        8 GloFish
        6 Glowlight Tetra
        1 Dwarf Gourami
        4 Mystery Snail

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but it came up when searching for reviews on the product.

Stay away from this heater. I purchased one simply for the fact it claims to operate from 68 to 92 degrees. I needed a new heater and was the only one available at my store. Temperature was 84, and this heater cranked on max actually lowered it to 82. I reached out to deep blue. They told me to 'reset' the heater. This was 2 steps. First bang the heater against my hand, then turn the dial max, min, and set it. Same results. Email #2, I told them it did nothing. They said I need a new one, to take it back where I bought it. New heater, same result. Well this one got to 83.5. So Email #3, I get the same response as Anthony above did, take photos. Photos sent, and customer service disappeared.

Never experienced worst customer service in my life. Went out and got a Marineland unit, temp is now 88 and everything is happy.

These heaters are garbage.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience with these heaters. With faulty equipment and no customer service they won't be around much longer. Too bad things haven't changed in the past 3 years.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Well I did hear back, they questioned when my thermometer was calibrated that there is no problem with thier heaters. What a joke.

Comment

Such a shame that companies lose sight of providing actual customer service!
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Sorry to hear, maybe your LFS can offer you some store credit to get a different brand. I can understand asking about the thermometer thou, if you have another one it is worth a shot to check just to know it is not that.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X