Make It Stop!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make It Stop!

My new massive sponge filter made by Deep Blue keeps trying to escape. It does have a weighted base which I keep reburying under 3 inches of sand, but it keeps floating back up after awhile. I don't really want to stick something on top of it, for fear it will eventually still float up, knocking the weight off.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep it attached to the bottom? All I've come up with so far is finding some means of tethering it via suction cups and air line tubing so it won't float too far!
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Why does it want to float so bad? Are you wringing all the air out of it once its in the tank?

If you have plant weights you could wrap a bunch around the base maybe.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I squeezed it over and over to make sure it would soak...I'm hoping this time it'll stay sunk. And yay, I'll have to get some weights soon anyways, so I'll try that. Once again, you've saved me a headache Matt!
      ~Erin
      10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Yay!! I love when I'm useful

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
          Yay!! I love when I'm useful
          Bahahaha excellent
          When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually use water.

Comment

It seems to have sunk.

Now if only I can get the HOB on the 29g to stop making angry noises. I've never hated a hob as much as this one..
            ~Erin
            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Matt to the rescue!!!! What kind is it?

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Whisper 30, came with the 29g kit. One: It definitely doesn't filter enough. Two: It makes angry grindy noises -all- the time, even after I just power washed the section where the impeller sits due to some sand getting in it. Three: The filter pad needs rinsing practically every water change due to it getting angry and over flowing onto the intake portion if it gets blocked up. Honestly, don't worry about this one Matt, it's going to end up in the trash once I get a replacement of some kind.
                ~Erin
                10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Good idea, trash it! Matt solves another one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

*rolls around laughing* Yes, you did!
                    ~Erin
                    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Haha!!!! My guess would be the sand damaged the impeller and no amount of cleaning/lubing would shut it up at this point.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

It's actually quiet tonight..
                        ~Erin
                        10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Uhhhhh, that must just be the sphericals aligning, I would still trash it being that its a whisper

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Yep, it's going in the trash once the sponge comes in and gets settled for a month.
                            ~Erin
                            10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Wewt, sponge filter arrived last night. Let the count down for trashing begin!
                              ~Erin
                              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Working...
                              X