Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for A Circulation Pump for a 20?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for A Circulation Pump for a 20?

So Dustin's tank has like -no- flow through the tank, not a single one of his plants move...it's actually kind of funny, but I know his loach would prefer more flow and the circulation would help with more aeration and keeping the water clean. Anyone have any suggestions for a reaaaaaaally tiny pump? We don't need a lot of flow.
    ~Erin
    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

This one is tiny and pretty cheap, never used them before though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Reading the reviews say that one isn't safe for smaller fish because there's no way to cover the intake.
      ~Erin
      10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Cut a sponge or something and put it over the inlet, thats what I would do. Adds some filtration as well, I don't know if they go that small but that company also offers quick connect filters for some of their powerheads.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

They do, but a lot of people say they don't fit well on the smaller sizes as well...hrm....do you think one of these would work? The smallest model of course: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...27&cagpspn=pla
          ~Erin
          10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

They aren't very powerful, Thats the kind of thing I would figure out once I had it, I'm sure there is someway to render it safe with plastic mesh or a sponge.

They showed the grid intake on all of them except the small one?!?!?! It looks to me like a small fish would fit in there but I'm not sure, with the flow rates being so low on both brands, personally I wouldn't be so scared of it sucking up a fish.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Not so much of it sucking up a small fish..but more a curious fish going into it. Those dwarf cories and the otos -love- to poke their heads into things. Hrm. I think I could get away with rubber banding just a piece of nylon mesh to the first one you suggested on the intake. Think that would work as well? Or if it's small enough I could get a pre-filter sponge for the fluval nanos.
              ~Erin
              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Ah, gotcha. I think the nylon would work but they get fouled quickly imo. I have crammed those fluval intake sponges onto many different size tubings! They would be a great shot I think, I get mine here: http://www.amazon.com/Pre-Filter-Spo...filter+spionge

Failing that, cutting an x shaped opening to slide over the inlet in a piece of cut to fit coarse sponge or aquaclear sponge should work fine too.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I'll see what Dustin wants to do but thanks Matt, you've been a huge help..and yeah, I just got one from my LFS because well...I like supporting them..though I paid 3 for 1 they at least made sure it would fit on what I was using!
                  ~Erin
                  10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

No problem I know, I try to as well but it gets really hard at 300% prices!

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

OH OH... This is a 2 in 1 idea a Green Killing Machine 9Watt UV Sterilizer since it has a power head .... BOOM

Click image for larger version

Name:	830497334b93.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	138194
                      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Working...
                      X