Canister Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canister Media

So... I just cleaned the macril out of my canister.... except my bio stars, that I just gave a quick rinse to get the gunk off the housing tray... BUT.... I tried something a little different...

These bags of activated carbon and biozorb are not quite filling the tray so... I added more media and double stuffed stuff as so...

Tray 1 (bottom)
    Shelf 1 2-30ppi
    Splitter
    Shelf 2 2-20ppi

Tray 2
    Shelf 3 56 bio stars
    Splitter
    Shelf 4 2 bags folded in half for complete coverage activated carbon

Tray 3
    Shelf 5 2 bags folded in half biozorb for complete coverage
    Splitter
    Shelf 6 2 Micro filter and 1 Super Micro filter

Tray 4
    Shelf 7 3 Super Micro filters
    Splitter
    Shelf 8 2 Super Micro filters

Is this over doing it? I'm trying to seriously polish my water to prestine clean and clear...
    Last edited by AquaAnt; 04-23-2013, 06:42 AM.
    It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

might be over doing it a tad but if you can get the needed flow and the water is clean you just may need to rinse the filters more often.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Well the water flow doesn't seem to be effected any... the bio bags never really gave a full coverage of the tray, it was always spacious unlike the filter pads, doubling them up opened up a tray So I was like hey why not? BUT then I was concerned I might be overdoing it and had to make sure... I don't mind cleaning as lo g as I am doing my fishies justice
      It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
      As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I use 2 foam pads in my first container and one polishing pad in the next and that is where I'll throw a bag of coral and/or carbon then my top tray is full of bio balls.
        8 GloFish
        6 Glowlight Tetra
        1 Dwarf Gourami
        4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Working...
        X