This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input needed on a circulation pump

Once my new tank has the sump attached and the HOBs removed, I realized there is probably not going to be much circulation. So, since I don't have experience with these, what would be a good circulation pump for a planted 29 gallon that isn't too much in respect to flow and cost? My return pump in the sump is a maxi jet 1100 that flows 300 GPH max, but it will probably be lower between the head pressure and inline CO2 reactor. The only pump I have found that may work is the Hydor Koralia 240.

Re: Input needed on a circulation pump

I have an aqueon circulator fan in my 75 and im actually going to pull it out because while it may move alot of water it doesnt seem to put out much of a current. I have the 700 that I am going to try next.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

So is it a good idea to stay away from the aqueons for this? I was also considering a small aquaclear powerhead for the same purpose.

Comment

I never said to stay away it was just what I noticed. My rainbows still play in the current in it and seem to enjoy it in the tank we will see if they like the larger one when I put it in.
        -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Ah, gotcha, it was a late night and an early morning so that doesn't do much for my comprehension lol. I guess I wouldn't need much in my tank since I am just going for less dead zones.

Comment

I think a fan would be fine, I do like power heads if you want a strong current, my danios def love mine thou I had a big one in that tank and it was way too much haha. Kinda blew the little guys around.
            -Jim-

Comment

Working...
            X