seriously...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously...

The heaters in all my tanks just went out at the same freaking time... they are all plugged it but no heats coming out... ugh... I mean they were oldish heaters but really now of all times -_- anyone have some heater they can suggest for a 26g, 29g (with maybe 6g of water), 40g, and a 10g... just to be safe one for a 5g saltwater tank as well... if I am going to replace them may as well be at the same time... *breathes*
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

That....seems like more than a coincidence. You sure they aren't working at all? When I tested heaters I plugged one in and put it in a 5 gallon bucket with water, and felt it after a few minutes. However I'm sure you tried feeling it already...it just seems so off that four heaters all broke at the same time.

I have Aquatop heaters and love them. Not too ugly like the stupid Top Fin ones, glass, easy-to-read display, easy to adjust.

Comment

Yeah i have wrapped my hands around them and they all feel cold... the water is now hovering at about 70 on all tanks... o am mostly worried about the shimp... most of the fish seem to be doing fine... but I love a whole group of orange pumpkins when the temp of a tank plumeted... and I thik all my heaters were from Walmart I guess...

And in the words of Gibbs... i don't believe in coincidences... however I am not happy right now... should have noticed and replaced sooner...
      Last edited by RogueAgent94; 02-25-2013, 06:12 AM. Reason: awkward typo lol
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

You must be using a device with autocorrect, based on a few of your typos Darn Walmart heaters. I would wrap the tanks in blankets/towels at least to try and keep them warm. Maybe run to Walmart and buy some cheap ones to hold you over, since they're always open? I know how quickly temps can drop in small tanks, doing a water change with the heater off in a 5 gallon tank today caused the temp to drop by 5 degrees.

Comment

So as far as reliable heaters I love my jagers.....inexpensive for adjustable heater and reliable.
          Id get a cheap 50w preset for the sw.....should be perfect heat output

Have u checked the power outlet? Maybe a tripped breaker?

During the coldest part of our winter (its totally spring) got in the 50s in the house at night. I covered my blues tank with a fleece blanket, kept temp constant til morning at 76*
          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Sounds like either electricity isn't making it to the heaters, if they are all plugged into the same outlet; or there was a power surge that blew them.

I have been using the Jager heaters. Much easier to afford since the pricing has gone down.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

I wrapped the tanks... will head to Walmart in the morning to get temp. Replacements... actually I am not sure what's causing this... none of the breakers went out two of the tanks are in the dining room on different plugs and they are both wired to different fuses... and the 2 in my room are also on different plugs... the heaters are old so i am thinking the heating elements just gave out... its just chance it happened at the same time... no one said anything about a power surge when i was at work so during those 5 hours its possible we had one while everyone was away...
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Sorry about your heaters . These are the heaters I use: http://www.kensfish.com/finnex-titan...ntrollers.html

Cheap heaters: http://www.kensfish.com/via-aqua-sub...ss-heater.html
                -Jonathan

Comment

I also second the titanium ones, I have them and am replacing ones with them that are not aqueon pro's so far.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X