Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater for 105 gallon tank

If it isn't one problem after another.

My digital heater died, had it for less then one year. Can anyone recommend a heater for a big tank? I currently have a 300 watt heater for tonight but it ain't doing anything.

Get two large titanium heaters! Those things last forever and can be buried in the substrate.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Is titanium the brand? Or a type?

Comment

Type. This is what I use. http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/fin...controler.html
        External controllers are so much easier than getting wet trying to change the temp.
        -Jonathan

Comment

300 watts is barely enough to maintain heat in a tank that sized. Do you have any others to add to it? I believe the titanium heaters are made by Marineland. There may be other companies as well.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

That is a great price but it is on backorder... Amazon sells it for $47

Comment

That sucks, when it rains, it pours I guess. I have two 300 watt heaters on opposite ends of my 125 and they handle the temp quite nicely. Although, buried in the substrate with an external control sounds REALLY nice.

Comment

I have two 300watts in my 70g but for my larger tanks I usually have two 500watts.
                -Jonathan

Comment

I do have an extra 300 watt heater that I can use until I find a replacement.......I just had the room temperature set at 78 degrees for the night.

Comment

It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                    As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Most folks I've seen use two heaters in the bigger tanks. I know my salt buddy got the aqueon pro heaters for his 75g and just swears by them now because they've always kept the tank at exactly the temp he sets it to.
                      ~Erin
                      10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

My next heaters are going to be the ones Jon linked. After curing ich a couple weeks ago I am done adjusting the heater in the tank, I will not do that again!!!! I also like that you can put the heater portion anywhere and all you have hide is the cord
                        __________________________________________________ _____
                        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I like the idea of adjusting the temp outside of the tank instead of sticking my hand in the tank.

Also, how long is the cord to this heater?

Comment

Mine is really long. I'm sure the link tells you exactly.

I also like inline heaters
                            -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                            X