Forgot to plug in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot to plug in

I did a waterchange in my Angel pairs tank. Forgot to plug the heater back in when I was done. Now their water is 75. I'm glad they're healthy and tough. Anybody else forget to plug their heater in?
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Re: Forgot to plug in

I do sometimes. Normally I just take the heater off the wall and lay it on the bottom of the tank as I do a WC. That way I don't have to worry about crawling under my stand to turn it off.
    -Jonathan

Comment

so many times. I currently have my heater unplug in my main tank for the past two months. The water temp has been constant at 80 degrees, I'm thinking my UV sterilizer has been warming the water up plus the warm summer weather.

Our temp is dropping in two days which the heater will be plugged back on.

Comment

Well, it gets in to the 30's here, at night. I'm glad my Angel tank is in an interior room with no windows.
        Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

I forgot so many times that every tank now has a power strip. I turn everything off or on with a single switch. With no lights or filter noise it is much easier to know when I've seen forgotten.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

This is why I try not to unplug stuff in my tanks other than light fixtures. If I do, I end up trying to remember to leave the lid to the aquarium open to remind me something is going on.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I never unplug my heaters unless i do my 50 percent water change. Im just very careful around my heaters. Is there a reason you guys unplug your heaters when doing a water change. Just wondering
              The only stupid question is the question not asked. Don't judge a book by it's cover,book covers exist,. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but only evil eyes are blind. St Louis Cardinals champions of the world 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011 World series losses 2004 1987 1985 1968 1943 1930

Comment

I do 50% or larger water changes. And have ruined my heaters by exposing the to air while plugged in. One even exploded on me.....took years to remove all the glass shards. After that event I started using power strips. Now I simply turn off the strip. And when finished with the maintenance I simply turn the strip back on. I haven't forgotten once with this routine. With no filtration, no lighting, no air, no water current, it is very obvious.
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Well thats a very good reason i think i might completely submerge my heaters now
                  The only stupid question is the question not asked. Don't judge a book by it's cover,book covers exist,. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but only evil eyes are blind. St Louis Cardinals champions of the world 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011 World series losses 2004 1987 1985 1968 1943 1930

Comment

Working...
                  X