X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine tuning low light/tech 65g

Hi all

I have a 65g (2' tall) with Glass canopies, no ferts (except tabs for the sag) or c02. Fixture is a dual 36" Odyssea dual T5HO. I have been running only one bulb in the fixture aiming for low light. I run 2 5 hour photoperiods with a 2.5 hour siesta separating them. Nitrates are a bit unstable as I'm still stocking but are present >10 ppm.

I have experienced zero algae growth in the 2 months or so the tank has been set up. The pennywort, java fern, and dwarf sag in the tank are growing very slowly, more so than expected and don't look too happy. Both varieties of anubias are thriving and sprouting new leaves and flower pods leading me to believe the lighting may be on the low end. Should I add the other bulb into the fixture and see how it goes?
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

I say go for it, but probably reduce your photoperiod by 4 hours 2.5 hours off and 4 hours on.

Comment

Thanks Ap I was leaning that way but needed a nudge from someone like you Good idea about reducing to 4 hours too, I'll do that.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I agree. I would add the second bulb and cut the photoperiod.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I am with you all! Give it a shot!
          Christine

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys New schedule and extra bulb will start tomorrow.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Its been about 10 days and I'm already seeing some results The dwarf sags' color is improving and I'm seeing some growth. Still no algae but I'm on the lookout for the next month or so to see what happens. Thanks for the advice guys.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

That's excellent!!
                -Jonathan

Comment

Results continued on this thread, page 15: http://www.everythingaquatic.net/for...65G-Angel-Tank

Thread can be closed if you like super mods.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                  X