make sure you have seen this.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make sure you have seen this.

i have been spending time on theplantedtank.com i just want to make sure everyone has seen hoppy's new lighting chart. click on the link below...

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh....php?p=1951160

it seems some ballast and reflectors are just junk. so double check the chart as some T5HO are not even med light on some tanks.... if you have a coarlife fixture... well im sorry i have a zoomed fixture but he hasnt tested that one yet. im guessing its also a pos like the coarlife.
    other tanks not in my info...
    33g long 1M CT Betta, 1M HM Betta, 1M DT Betta, 1F HM Betta
    15g 3 celestial pearl danios, cherry shrimp, 8 pygmy corys, 5 ottos
    10g QT 1 Green Severum, 1 Red Tailed Shark
    You can see my tanks on my YouTube page HERE

Awesome! Thank you so much. This is actually easier for me to understand than the other chart. So now I know I have medium light in my plants and shouldn't have to worry about CO2. Makes me very happy.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I've always had a really hard time reading those charts...
      ~Erin
      10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

no problem glad to share. it deff helps make sure we have the right fixture. there are still a lot of fixtures out there that havnt been tested. im going to see if my local club has a par meter to check the zoomed fixtures.

also bulbs can make a difference so keep that in mind although the difference shouldn't be HUGE. unless its a really old and cheap bulb. i hear the best bulbs are Giesemann...

Comment

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
          I've always had a really hard time reading those charts...
          well if you want to tell me what fixture you have ill let you know what the chart says

Comment

Sweet! My $60 dollar Odyssea is kicking out 50 micromals @ 20"! I like that, on the verge of high in my 55g and moderate low on my taller ones. Neat charts, thanks for posting.
            __________________________________________________ _____
            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Deep Blue Solarmax HE 48", dual t5no 1 - 10000k and 1 6500k on the 55g. I don't see it on the list, but I'm fairly sure it's low to moderate.
              ~Erin
              10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

That is a very good write-up that hoppy did with that one, and a good one to have bookmarked . I've been using it for a while now to adjust the height of my lighting and it made buying my newest fixture a lot easier. The coralife fixture definitely doesn't match up well, but it is decent for a low light setup (the aqueon T5NO is a rebranded coralife, or vice versa, so it is the same). For untested fixtures you can get a good estimate by comparing the reflector quality and the general quality of the fixture.

If you are interested in it, here's another good read that can help with choosing bulbs based on the visible color spectrum for photosynthesis. It helps make a better choice compared to the general broad idea that the color temperature gives.
                http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...osythesis.html

Comment

Originally posted by Raerianna View Post
                  Deep Blue Solarmax HE 48", dual t5no 1 - 10000k and 1 6500k on the 55g. I don't see it on the list, but I'm fairly sure it's low to moderate.
                  yeah its not on the list. you would have to have a par meter to know for sure. the coarlife i would have thought been much better then where it is so you never know tell you measure.

Originally posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
                  That is a very good write-up that hoppy did with that one, and a good one to have bookmarked . I've been using it for a while now to adjust the height of my lighting and it made buying my newest fixture a lot easier. The coralife fixture definitely doesn't match up well, but it is decent for a low light setup (the aqueon T5NO is a rebranded coralife, or vice versa, so it is the same). For untested fixtures you can get a good estimate by comparing the reflector quality and the general quality of the fixture.

If you are interested in it, here's another good read that can help with choosing bulbs based on the visible color spectrum for photosynthesis. It helps make a better choice compared to the general broad idea that the color temperature gives.
                  http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...osythesis.html
                  very good point and link. im looking into some more redish/roseta bulbs on a new 3 bulb fixture im going to be ordering.
                  Last edited by bankruptjojo; 03-29-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Another excellent article.
                    __________________________________________________ __________
                    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Yeah, I've got that bookmarked myself. It's a great chart. I spend time over there.
                      Christine

Comment

... I have a coralife on mu 26 and all my plants are doing awesomely...
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

whats mu 26?

its not that the fixture wont grow plants, it just wont work for a tall, high light tank.

Comment

My 26g bowfront... Lol
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                            2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                            1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                            40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                            "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
                              My 26g bowfront... Lol
                              O lol... well it says your getting about 38par so that would be med light. if your running co2 and dosing ferts i would upgrade the light and see what happens if your not using co2 then that light is perfect for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X