Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lights

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy some new lights for my 36" fixture that goes over my FW planted tank. It's a AquaticLife Dual Lamp T5HO fixture. I currently have one 39watt 6000K daylight and one 39watt 650nm Roseate T5HO in it. What kind of lights would you buy and where is the cheapest place to buy them!?

Thanks 8-)
    -Jonathan

Re: New Lights

Rosette and daylight are what I am running over my planted tank. I purchased the last replacement bulbs from DFS when they were running a sale.

Are you simply wanting to replace the bulbs or are you asking about other color spectrums and other possible brands? Have you checked with a local lighting store?
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

Like said, a local source may have something decent. I realized around here T5HO's are marked up a lot for some reason.

I have read a lot of good things about Giesemann bulbs, but I have not used them because I couldn't find them cheap. If I were to go with those I would use the midday and aquaflora bulbs to cover more of the color spectrum. I'm not sure how good marine depot is, but they seem to be the cheapest if their shipping isn't ridiculous.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Giesemann_Aq ... T5-ct.html

Comment

Geisemanns, aquamedics, UVLs, etc are all great bulbs. However if you want a good budget bulb, go with the ge starcoat 6500ks, I linked them in that 'cheap stuff' thread, I've found them for less than half the price of the other brands (<$10/ea) and they work great.

Comment

Kensfish has some cheaper prices on bulbs as well.

Comment

Interesting. I'll have to look up those $10 bulbs you mentioned Jeta.

Originally posted by catsma_97504
            Rosette and daylight are what I am running over my planted tank. I purchased the last replacement bulbs from DFS when they were running a sale.

Are you simply wanting to replace the bulbs or are you asking about other color spectrums and other possible brands? Have you checked with a local lighting store?
            I was actually thinking of switching out the types of bulbs I had to get a better spectrum. But if those work well then I'll use them .
            -Jonathan

Comment

Thats what I have always been recomended to run in 2 bulb setups, either that or matched 6500 but was told in a T5HO setup it would be a bit much without CO2
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That's the same bulb combo I use as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
                X