Old sink, old faucet... and a water changer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old sink, old faucet... and a water changer

Well, despite being 99% sure that my ancient 1930s apartment farmers kitchen sink faucet wouldn't fit... I thought I'd try out a water changer the other day (Aqueon from Petsmart... they promised to give full refund if it didn't work within 60 days). JUST SLIGHTLY off so of course it doesn't work.

Any advice/tips? DIY "fixes" for this? (the faucet head is slightly too big for the female end of the water changer)

Went to Menards and of course they got nothing.
    Gingerone's Tanks:
    55 Gal: Harlequin Rasboras x 20 , Panda Cory x 6 , Green Cory x 3 , Oto x 2 , BN Pleco, 3 Mystery Snails, MTS and Nerite x 4
    20 Gallon X-High: FW in process of becoming a Riparium
    Future Proposed Stocking: 15 Coral Red Pencilfish (if my LFS can get them!)

I had the problem in my dorm where the faucet fitting was actually slightly too small. I used the biggest, stretchiest rubber band I could find and rigged it up around the handles and attachment to get the thing to stay put LOL

Have you looked at other stores to see if they have the piece you need?

Comment

I took the end thingy (technical term ) off the end of my faucet and took it to Lowe's so I could get the right adapter. I got one that would screw into the faucet end on one side and the water hose (that's what I use) on the other side. So if you take both pieces with you, they should be able to help you get what you need.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Originally posted by oscarsbud View Post
        I took the end thingy (technical term ) off the end of my faucet and took it to Lowe's so I could get the right adapter. I got one that would screw into the faucet end on one side and the water hose (that's what I use) on the other side. So if you take both pieces with you, they should be able to help you get what you need.
        That's what I did at Menards and they said they don't have one. I could try Lowe's.
        Gingerone's Tanks:
        55 Gal: Harlequin Rasboras x 20 , Panda Cory x 6 , Green Cory x 3 , Oto x 2 , BN Pleco, 3 Mystery Snails, MTS and Nerite x 4

Comment

Hopefully, they will be able to help you, even if you have to get an adapter for the adapter, as long as the end result is what you need.
          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Maybe you could get in touch with Aqueon themselves and see if they make an adaptor with the right dimensions?
            Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Try lowes and if not check out a local plumbing supply house. They make adapters for everything, sometimes you just need to head to a more repair oriented store.
              -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
              If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
              Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
              Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Lowes has plenty of adapters even IF you have to put 2 different adapters together... I have adapters that fit any sink all in which I purchased at Lowe's
                It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

Looks like a trip to Lowe's is in my future this weekend.
                  Gingerone's Tanks:

Comment

they have all kinds of goodies!
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

They have a board where you can actually fit your fixtures to the others to see exactly what size you have so you don't have to guess by looking at the new parts through the packaging.
                      Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Hello I know this is an older thread I was just wondering if you managed to find an adapter?
                        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I kinda got caught up with other things so I returned the water changer and have just been bucketing it. It really isn't that bad.
                          Gingerone's Tanks:

Comment

Working...
                          X