This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys do tap water

Do you guys pour your water in directly to the tank or do you let it sit in a container with water conditioner for a day than put it in. Secondly if I do a 10 gallon water change would I pour ten gallons in and put enough water conditioner in for 10 gallons or enough conditioner for the size of my tank.
    The only stupid question is the question not asked. Don't judge a book by it's cover,book covers exist,. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but only evil eyes are blind. St Louis Cardinals champions of the world 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011 World series losses 2004 1987 1985 1968 1943 1930

Re: How do you guys do tap water

I use a water changer and add tap directly to my tanks. I use prime as my conditioner. On Seachems website, they state that you need to treat the entire volume of the tank when adding tap directly.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Ok thanks never understood that but now I do even though it's a bit more work I think I'll stick with storing the water in a container plus it's a good workout between workout days. After the sump pump incident I'll stick with five gallon buckets and hoses
      The only stupid question is the question not asked. Don't judge a book by it's cover,book covers exist,. An eye for an eye makes the world go blind but only evil eyes are blind. St Louis Cardinals champions of the world 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011 World series losses 2004 1987 1985 1968 1943 1930

Comment

No need to age water if you are using a quality water conditioner. If not, then make sure your water does not contain chloramines as they will not evaporate like chlorine can.

I went years carrying buckets and dreaded my water changes. At that point I had a 90G and a 29G. Doing 5G buckets for water changes in and out was definitely a workout!!! But today I use a hose to carry water in/out of my tanks. And I dose the entire tank with Prime for the full water volume.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

So if I used a python to fill my tank and put in prime 75 gallons worth of prime for my 75 gallon. Also could I use a garden hose to fill my 160

Comment

You'd need to check the materials the garden hose is made of. Some contain toxic substances for the fish. To be safe, I would purchase vinyl tubing sold for drinking water use. And add an end to the tubing to connect it to a faucet. But make sure that the water temperature closely matches that of your tank so the fish are shocked.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by Luke355027355027
              Do you guys pour your water in directly to the tank or do you let it sit in a container with water conditioner for a day than put it in. Secondly if I do a 10 gallon water change would I pour ten gallons in and put enough water conditioner in for 10 gallons or enough conditioner for the size of my tank.
              I change water, one 3 gallon bucket at a time.

I treat each bucket of new water by adding 6 drops of Prime into before I put it into the tank.

Comment

right now I have about 20 1 gallon water containers that I do PWC with LOL!!! I really don't mind so much it keeps me busy and is only about two in a half hours to do all my tanks. I've been thinking of getting 3 or 4 of the 5 gallon drinking containers but haven't decided yet.
                Matt

Comment

Im currently on the bucket method also, but that is partially due to the fact that the sink faucets do not come apart (That will be solved soon lol) the smaller tanks are not so bad but when I do full gravel vacs on the 75 it is a pain. The worst part is when doing the 75 half the time its just tank water cause im fighting thru too many plants.
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X