This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintenance on Canister Filters

How often do you all do maintenance on your canister filters? any set schedules?

I just did WCs and maintenance on my CF-500 and the poly fil was basically sludge. Since I have two canisters on my tank, I rotate cleaning probably once every 6 weeks to 8 weeks.

Re: Maintenance on Canister Filters

My recomendation (not that I have time to follow it mind you) much like any maintenance is to start off weekly checking it and monitoring. Keep a little log of how often you clean and how bad it is, then as you get a feel for it start going to 2weeks then to 3 and so on. eventually you will find the average break point of it.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Great suggestion.

I do weekly WCs but checking the canister sometimes can be a pain. I usually gauge by the flow on the out take, but I just usually clean off the intake cage and don't usually bother with canisters until I have dedicated free time for them.

Comment

thats about how I am at the moment as I have been rather busy.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I clean every two weeks.
          -Jonathan

Comment

I went too long this last time befor I cleaned my planted tanks canister.....holly smokes it was full of sludge. So, it's going to be every 2 weeksthat I am going to make sure I rinse it out. I'm telling myself this now. so, next Monday will see if I hold up to myself. Lol
            Christine

Comment

Most my tanks have two filters so I change one every two weeks, I did my magnum 330 last night the poly fill was pretty bad. My planted tank I clean the filter once every three weeks,some times sooner if the water flow has slowed too much from debris.
              Matt

Comment

Working...
              X