This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dropping my tanks PH levels...

If you have been following my 26g thread you know i am getting fish that do best with lower Ph levels... what can I do to lower my levels from 7.6-7.8 straight from tap to maybe 6.8-7? I don't want to use water conditioners I know adding driftwood is suppose to help but is there anything else Do IAL help and the stock I have planned do they do well in black water conditions?
    Betta, endlers, harliquin tetra, LF BN pleco, and balloon ram (if you ever see ball on please know my auto correct seems to hate the word balloon...)

Thanks guys!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

peat and IAL are both natural options on lowering ph
    i put 100g of peat pellets in my 36g about 10 days ago. some flux at first, but stable at 7-6.8 now with a 2 dkh. i intend to change the peat every 4 wks to keep it effective. My IAL just came in, so i havent had a chance to experiment with them yet
    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Peat pellets... never heard of them... where does one find these?
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

LFS next to the other filter media stuff....the box i have is made by fluvel

get them from a fish shop! hardware and garden shops peat?spagnum moss tends to be treated with stuff not good for tank
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Alight I will see if anyone near me sell it then! Thanks
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Peat and IAL are driftwood will work, but also, most fish will adapt to just about any range really, remember its always better to have a stable pH rather than a desired one.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

You can safely lower it with Peat or dirftwood.
              My life is chemical. Blood laced with status quo.
              "I am a firm believer that if you love something enough you set it in a small cage and pester and smother it with love until it either loves you back or dies." Mindy Kaling

Comment

Driftwood doesn't have a continuous affect on pH IME. Will this tank be planted? If do, adding CO2 will give you the perfect pH.
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

I also use IAL and peat to lower pH.
                  -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                  X