This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Spot Algae, Cause, and Cure?

I have this weird algae growing on my anubias after neglecting the tank for 2 weeks.

Can you help me identify the cause and any possible method of removal?

What are your current parameters? Having an anubias plant directly under the light will always lead to algae. Black spot is treated by balancing the ferts and stabilizing the pH and CO2. You might try raising phosphates too.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

I forgot to mention that the tank is going through a rescape. I was pulling plants out and that's why they're floating at the top. I'll get back to you on the parameters after I test the water. Although, I just did a water change with Prime...

Comment

Sorry, I'm a bit late. I forgot, lol.

Parameters:
        pH - 7.6
        Ammonia - 0
        Nitrite - 0
        Nitrate - 40 (lol, due to too much KNO3 dosing, I need to lower the amount I dose of it or maybe even not dose it next time)
        KH - 3
        GH - 7

Comment

Definitely stop dosing KNO3 completely. You want that value to go back down under 20 PPM. There are certain algaes in a high light tank that can take advantage of this excess. But keep an eye on the parameters and the amount of light the tank gets and things should begin to improve. You probably should increase your carbon source too. KH is down to 3. If it drops further then your pH will become unstable. Increased carbon/CO2 will not only stop the KH from further dropping, but it will help with your algae issues as well.

Best of luck.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Ok, thank you. I will add some more crushed coral.

Comment

Working...
            X