Black Beard Algae, Ugh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Beard Algae, Ugh!

Ugh! I hate this stuff! But I would rather deal with IT then Cyano. I did have Cyano in my tank that was minimal and finally zapped it with Erythromycin awhile back. I just need to vent a bit here. I have never had this much trouble with BBA!! I have trimmed plants, adjusted CO2, good fert dosing and still can't get the upper hand. I keep telling myself I would rather deal with it then Cyano. I mean....... it could be much worse. Right? I will just keep at it. Just need to hit it harder. Think I will start dosing with Excel again to help out, placed an order with our Store for more Excel as I am getting low, keep trimming and increase CO2 again. Balance, gotta find that balance again.

Christine

its all about that balance, you ust recently got more plants correct? could that have brought it in? or just completely upset the ice balance?
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Yes, I added more stem plants. But BBA has been getting worse before adding more plants. Tank isn't as planted as it used to be, so trying to get the plant mass up again to help. Just never had this much trouble with it before. Once it gets out of hand, it harder to get the upper hand! I will get it, just takes time.

Working on the balance, balance. balance. Just trimmed more out and cleaned the CO2 diffuser off. It was getting clogged with green algae. I now have CO2 mist blowing around the tank full force. I totally forgot about checking it to see if it needed cleaning. So have to work on getting the CO2 adjusted. Dosing with Excel to help control and kill it.

Christine

Comment

Christine

Comment

Love the color variation with your plants. Makes for a nice scenic view

Gotta love planted tanks. The second you think you know what you are doing something goes wrong to make you scratch your head. Haha, no such thing as a one size fits all scenario. Not even the same care for two tanks side by side will produce the same results.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

• AlyeskaGirl
            AlyeskaGirl commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah, this tank definitely has be scratching my head and keeping me on my toes.

The tank still looks awesome.

Yeah that would be part of the reason I reckon, green algae is another pain lol.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X