Multi tank CO2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi tank CO2?

Ok so with the 20 lb tank I have, can I split it into 2 tanks using two different regulators? I was thinking of adding it to my 10gal as well which is basically next to the 40gal tank.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Sounds tricky. I'm sure you could do it though.
    -Jonathan

Comment

I don't know if it would be possible to run another regulator on the same CO2 tank. You could add another line by using a CO2 gang valve with each outlet having its own needle valve.

For example
      http://www.aquacave.com/2-Outlet-CO2...JBJ-P1868.aspx

Comment

thats kinda what I was thinking of but using a junction and a pair of regulators and just upping the main tank one to handle the extra load
        -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

It would definitely take some playing to fine tune; but I don't see why not. You'd need to have 2 bubble counters to ensure each tank was getting the right amount of CO2.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

could I use your method of watching the pH in one tank and use the bubble counter on the other?
            -Jim-

Comment

I would closely monitor the pH in both tanks. And adjust as needed.
              - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

would the theory hold thou? Im just trying to think ahead, this is something that just may not happen and I may just go with a 2L home brew or similar.
                -Jim-

Comment

Honestly, I do not know if anyone has done this successfully. If, you can regulate the gas flow to both tanks separately I don't see why it couldn't work.
                  - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

I mean it is a 20lb tank it should support it... your 90 lasts quite a while on its tank,
                    -Jim-

Comment

You just need one regulator, but get an extra manifold with a bubble counter (surprising I know this...lol)...awe researching CO2 has paid off.

Comment

cool, when I can ever get back home I will hopefully get things sorted out.
                        -Jim-

Comment

Working...
                        X