CO2 Leak?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Leak?

Is there a way to find out a CO2 leak? I filled up my canister yesterday and waited 24 hours per the directions.

My canister read at 900 psi and now it is one bar above the red "time to fill the gas" I tighten everything and not sure how it dropped dramatically. My other psi is at 30.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

If you have a spare spray bottle you can make a mixture of soap and water to spray around any points that could leak, and then just search for any bubbles. Generally the large nut to the tank (if it is a CGA-320 regulator) is a good point to start. I've noticed it can seem tight and not actually be fully seated.
    Last edited by chevyguy8893; 04-05-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

That's what I do as well. Fill a spray bottle with water and a drop or two of liquid dish soap; then spray every connection. Just be careful to not get any soapy water into your aquarium.
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

Thanks. I sprayed and couldn't find the leak.

I'm in the red now. Pfftt. Now, I have to refill and wait another 24 hours.
        Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

If there were not leaks in the line, are you sure the regulator is properly set on the tank? Did you add the plastic ring that helps to create a good seal?
          - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

I think I just made a newbie mistake. It went completely empty so I was in the process to disconnect it and when i went to turn the knob, my pressure went back up. I think I didn't have it completely opened. Now, I'm back at 900 psi.
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Well, that's good. You didn't lose the gas like you were thinking.
              - Dena

Walt Disney

Socrates

Comment

That happened to me as well when I first set my system up!
                Christine

Comment

I'm embarrass. Just checked the canister this morning and zero leaks. Still have the same low and high readings. Well, it wasn't in the instructions to completely open the valve....
                  Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Don't be embarrassed about it, I'm sure everyone has done something with their aquarium that they may or may not admit to (I know I definitely have ). Good to hear that it was nothing but a simple error, and you got it all squared away .

Comment

Working...
                    X