Ive done it, now what....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ive done it, now what....

Ok im joining you all in the world of CO2! I just finalized an agreement tonight to purchase the following

10lb cylinder
    Milwakee regulator and solenoid
    glucose filled bubble counter
    some tubing.

All for $90. tank is unfortunately mostly empty so I do need to fill that but there is a paintball place not far from me that fills tanks so hopefully wont be too bad.

Now to figure out what tank to put it on lol.

I could do the 75 show tank but that has found a really nice ballance so far

Or I could put it on my 40gal plant and angel grow out tank which is being taken over by bba lol.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Well, what do we have here.......us co2 injected crazy people rubbed off on you, huh?! Lol

Glad you decided to join us!

10lb tank costs me about $12 to fill.
    Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 01-26-2013, 09:28 PM.
    Christine

Comment

I'd suggest adding it to the 40G since it has a BBA issue. The CO2 could help control the algae and then you could add plants to the tank.

Yes, with a tank it doesn't cost all that much. I can fill a 20 pound bottle for about $25. And, that lasts me 10 months on the 90G.
      - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
      Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
      Socrates

Comment

to the 40 with it then! That was going to be the larger plant grow out nursery anyways, just happened to end up with angels in it lol.
        -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
          to the 40 with it then! That was going to be the larger plant grow out nursery anyways, just happened to end up with angels in it lol.
          I think thats a good choice.
          Christine

Comment

thanks, hopefully it all works out for the best. Gonna be fun playing with all the parameters now.
            -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
              thanks, hopefully it all works out for the best. Gonna be fun playing with all the parameters now.
              Oh yah!!
              Christine

Comment

Awesome, welcome to the world of CO2 and soon the world of massive plant trimming lol. Good luck with getting everything balanced!

Comment

Im just looking forward to losing the WALL of BBA on the back of the tank.

I swear the back of the tank is actually fuzzy.
                  -Jim-

Comment

That's awesome! I'll wait a month or so and let you make all the mistakes. Then you can tell me so I can try to avoid them! Perfect plan eh?
                    -Jonathan

Comment

lol yeah almost.
                      -Jim-

Comment

I'm using a 20lb tank, regulator, solenoid and currently just an airstone in the tank. I'm planning on building a DIY reactor and I have all the stuff except my piece of PVC for the main body. I'd like to use clear pvc but it's going to cost a but more than standard dwv or schedule 40/80 pvc. I've definitely noticed a huge difference in my tank so far. My BBA is melting away and my plants are growing very well. You will be happy!
                        8 GloFish
                        6 Glowlight Tetra
                        1 Dwarf Gourami
                        4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Working...
                        X