Green Fert Pack-includes
    --Micros
    +Plantex CSM + B

--Macros
    +Potassium Nitrate (KNO3)
    +Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4)
    +Mono Potassium Phosphate (KH2PO4)

Iron Chelate 11%

Am I missing anything else? The reason behind Iron supplement is because of my specific plants I have that require Iron fert supplements.

I have there starter package as recomended by Dena, LOVE IT! I make up mine into liquid forms via some conversions I found online and then can easily dose liquids but at a more controlled rate and desired amounts.
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Hi CJ,

Yeah, thats what you want.

The CSM+B dose have iron in it. I started with that, then since i have iron loving plants i bought later a pkg. of just the Chelated Iron for extra. But I did just use the CSMB for awhile before getting the extra. Going to last forever! Depending, the CSMB may be all that you need and I would start with that first and see.
      Last edited by AlyeskaGirl; 02-17-2013, 10:44 PM.
      Christine

Comment

Agree with the above. I would not add Chelated Iron initially, whether you decide to purchase it at the same time or not.

Is this for your 100G tank? If so, the starter pack should last you about 6 months, maybe longer being as your tank is dirted and may not need as much as a tank with plain gravel.

When you do begin to use the dry compounds, start off with dosing half strength. Then, monitor the tank and adjust as needed. When I switched it took almost a month for the plants to perk up enough to utilize the extra ferts.

Haha, once you get the dry ferts down next you'll have to set up the injected system. Then, you'll be a die hard plant geek!
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

^^ She is right!
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X