red lily

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red lily

so i am super happy to say the red lily I rescued frm my brothers tank that had silver dollars in it has made an awesome recovery and is even starting to split apart making more lilies!!! I found this little one floating away from the mother bulb
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130219_171520.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	141575
    This is sooo exciting lol witnessing all kinds of awesome things in this little tank :-) my momma blue jelly gave birth today as well and as i type I am seeing ramshorn eggs hatch lol... talk about tiny haha
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Very cool! Congrats on all the new babies.
    -Jonathan

Comment

thanks Rogue! Here is a bad shot of the mother bulb

Name:	1361342055921.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	137623
      Don't know why she started floating but the hornwort is holding her in place haha... I kinda like the look though...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

awesome, glad to hear you will have more plants!

I actaully have one of those floating in my river tank that kind of attaches itself around here and there lol.
        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Thanks I am happy as well... maybe I'll give a sprout back to my brother xD

Oh sounds neat!! Pictures or a vid or it didn't happen...
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Nooo send me the sprout!
            -Jonathan

Comment

I'll take one please!

I got a box of those bulbs from Petco, but none of the lilies or aponogetons sprouted. The onion plant did, but just recently the bulb came unburied and it was all gross and squishy Maybe you're not supposed to bury it? But how else do you prevent it from swimming around??

Comment

Onion plants are only supposed to have their roots buried. I usually tie a string around them and bury the string lol.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Well the one pictured is the only one to be freed of the mother bulb but there are maybe 3 ready to be split off and the bulb has 2 areas where a couple new growths are appearing! Sad thing is after 2 years of only have 3 leaves I have it for 3 months and its having babies... love it haha

Anyways once she starts giving off more sprouts I don't mind giving them you you guys ;D I just want to be sure the mother bulb still has leaves attached so she doesn't die on me...
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Woo keep us posted!

Comment

its a lilly it will make it, I had forgotten about one in a tank, was sitting in a thin film of water for over a MONTH (basically whatever was left when I dumped out the tank of the last rinse which was below the gravel and I didnt feel like dealing with it.) Realized it was a live bulb and it STILL had a leaf, tossed it in another tank and its doing fine lol
                      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I will ;D oh and about your aponogetons issues... that Lilly bulb came from the same package as my brothers aponogetons bulb (sorry I am just copy and pasting that word... to lazy to spell it out..) and after i stole it fro him it grew amazingly well haha... anyways I have read that more than half of the bulbs will never sprout... sorry to hear of your bad luck... here was the last picture I took of it when my brother finally decided he wanted it back... I was mad because it was splitting into two plants...

Name:	IMG_20121217_001908.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	137632
                        Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
                        its a lilly it will make it, I had forgotten about one in a tank, was sitting in a thin film of water for over a MONTH (basically whatever was left when I dumped out the tank of the last rinse which was below the gravel and I didnt feel like dealing with it.) Realized it was a live bulb and it STILL had a leaf, tossed it in another tank and its doing fine lol
                        Oh I didn't know the bulbs were that hardy... nice to know ;D
                        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I am so jealous!! That's the reason I got the box. That, and the lily! I wanted those aponogetons and lilies and all I got was an onion plant, that died after awhile Those ripply leaves are so fun.

Comment

I know!!! I have considered just buying a bunch of bulbs from the store and seeing what I can grow for the start... buying online is great but being able to grow it on your own just makes it more special!
                            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Unless you buy a box and nothing grows, like me

Comment

Working...
                              X