Anubias Mutation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anubias Mutation

It turns out that one of my Anubias Nana has a mutation...some marbling. I didn't buy it as a Marble but as a run of the mill Anubias Nana. I didn't think much at first when it sprouted one leaf with the marble mutation but now I have a couple new leaves with marbling....Now I just need it to grow a bit so I can do some rhizome division.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362538006295.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	141607

Congratulations!!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Interesting! I've never seen that before. Any chance it's a fert deficiency of some sort? Not sure if that would cause a change in coloration.

Comment

I thought about it being a deficiency but then the rest of my Anubias should be exhibiting the same effect.

I'm suspecting this plant came from the cultivation pool of Anubias Nana Marble and it had latent genes for Marbling. It is a newest Anubias Cultivation.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/my...barteri_marble

Comment

You know that could be possible... remember what you just told me about the AM listing that they aren't 100% pure and some turn green... maybe its just they figured out how to maipulate the plant some how? Or you got super lucky
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Sean View Post
            You know that could be possible... remember what you just told me about the AM listing that they aren't 100% pure and some turn green... maybe its just they figured out how to maipulate the plant some how? Or you got super lucky

Funny how we were just talking about this and I was looking at my tank for Assassin snails and I spotted this Anubias and a RCS attached to Anubias plant that is currently floating in my tank that I just transferred to a 10g.

This plant started 100% green and is now throwing out Marbling leaves....we will see if the rest of the leaves are Marble as well. Check back in another month...lol.

Maybe I can write up a Anubias barteri var nana marble plant profile care sheet...lol
            Last edited by AmazonPassion; 03-05-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

That's really cool CJ!! I hope it grows some more so you can send all of us a piece haha.
              -Jonathan

Comment

That's great! Haha, you have your own Anubias mutation! Could name it Anubias nana var CJ Marble....hehe
                - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
                Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
                Socrates

Comment

Oh that's super cool I have been looking for some for sale over here but haven't found any yet. I'm so happy for you can't wait to see how the mutant progresses
                  Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Hey there ya go! Name it after yourself and make a mint selling it!
                    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X