Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommendation in "Red Color" plants?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendation in "Red Color" plants?

When I first got into the hobby, I bought a bunch of red plants that either died or turned green until I found it those type of plants require high lighting and ferts.

Now that I have moderate lighting, injected CO2 and dry ferts I'm willing to give it a shot again.

What would you suggest I look into?
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

I was able to get some pretty good reds from C Furcata in mod-high light. With your setup I bet it would do well and isn't hard to care for ime.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I really like ludwigia glandulosa.

Comment

I have telanthera cardinalis kn mine. I like it a lot.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Many of the alternanthera species are really easy to grow and are always red (some have a bit of green on the leaves). Like suggested already, alternanthera reineckii 'cardinalis' seems to have the most red with no other color variation, at least from what I have encountered.

Rotala macrandra is also nice, but a bit more demanding (i.e. low nitrates less than 20 ppm, preferably less than 10 ppm). Some of these are sold in unstable forms and can revert back to the normal macrandra leaf size, or have other changes. Ludwigia sp. red (not ludwigia repens) is supposed to be another easy one and full of color, but I've never grown it to say much more on it. Persicaria praetermissa is another interesting one, but I don't know anything about it. Limnophila aromatica can turn reddish, but it seems to be very particular about the parameters and light needed to do so. It is still a very nice plant though. One other one that I can think of is red bamboo (persicaria 'kawagoeanum'). There's probably others that I am forgetting .

*Note: I am not sure what the lighting requirements of some of those are, sorry.

Comment

Working...
          X