Evil Christmas Moss of DOOOOOOOM!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil Christmas Moss of DOOOOOOOM!!!

Just thought I'd post a pic, since I was just talking about it in another thread.

This is my 6 gallon bowfront. An old one made by All Glass Aquariums (now Aqueon). It houses a male betta, a sparkling gourami, and two ADFs. But the main inhabitant is my Christmas Moss

That wood is about 10 inches long and 8 inches tall.

And, probably to the surprise of many of you guys, I don't do water changes on this tank. Just top it off. It's also got a couple crypts, two or three aponogentons, some kind of sword, and a whole butt load of duckweed. The fish eat about 5 times a week, and the plants stay happy, and I don't have to do anything! Lol

Wicked... A true npt but with a filter!!! Lol I can't wait for mine to get that large!!!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

No soil, though lol

I bet the plants would be even happier if I weeded out some of that dang duckweed more often! I feed it to Bruce

Theres also, obviously, a mess of guppy grass in there, too. I tried to add that to my first post, but the pictures show up in the editor and overload my phone.
      Last edited by Akari_32; 05-07-2013, 07:02 PM.

Comment

thats a great little jungle! i understand how your frogs just disappear for a while
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Yeah, lol I can go weeks with out seeing them. They prefer to come out at night, and with out my male singing anymore (the filter on another tank got him :/...), it's difficult to know if they are alive or not with out taking the tank apart LOL

btw, the moss touches the front and back of the tank, too.

Comment

Got to love the low maintenance tanks.
            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Oh it's so enjoyable! Especially with two tanks and two ponds full of goldfish. Every water change I DON'T have to do is amazing.... :3

Comment

great looking tank!

Ill be honest most of my tanks only get top offs too due to plant load lol.
                -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthStar View Post
                  Got to love the low maintenance tanks.
                  With as many as I have, it is the only way to go.
                  The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

That Najas makes me miss mine... I only have a couple of sprigs left of them.

Great tank! I'm surprised your betta and Sparkling Gouramis get along with each other.

Comment

The gourami nips at Kai every now and then, but he pretty much hangs in that mass of plants, and Kai takes the open space lol

Comment

Great tank Akari! love the moss!
                        Christine

Comment

I think that moss is awesome. I wish it would grow like that in mine.
                          __________________________________________________ __________
                          Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Thanks!

The moss came as a hitchhiker on a lily I bought at a lfs. Thought it was algea, but left it alone lol

Comment

Working...
                            X