bacopa australis help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bacopa australis help

Every time I get a new bunch of Australia it melts in my tank. The leaves just melts and fall leaving me stems. I've tried placing it in different spots as well. Is this normal behavior?

Re: bacopa australis help

I had that issue once or twice. I just left the stems floating and they usually grew leaves. Putting them in a jar with a lot of ferts before transferring them to your tank might help.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Okay, i'll do that.

Comment

I've not kept australis, but moneri, and had the very same experience. I had the best luck planting the stems individually and in the back because the lower leaves always dropped.

Christine may have this variety of bacopa. Hopefully she will see this thread soon.
        - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
        Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
        Socrates

Comment

ThY is what I did. I spaced them out individually so all the leaves would have direct access to the light. I'm thinking that it might of been grown emerse first, not sure though.

Comment

They could easily have been. My australis was grown aquatic and had very soft, flexible leaves.

Also, my suggestion about the ferted jar, I left them in there for a week at least.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Well, I've never had that problem.

When I received mine it was in the mail for a week and most were mushy when finally received. I salvaged just a few stems that were still green but mushy leaves. So stripped the leaves off. I floated these leafless stems until they started to grow roots and leaves. Planted them just fine and talk about fast growing!
              Christine

Comment

Working...
              X