Hygrophila Pinnatifida plant disccussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hygrophila Pinnatifida plant disccussion

I've had Hygrophila Pinnatifida growing emerse before and it grew well, but the instant I placed it in my tank it died. I tried several times putting my emerse growth clippings into my tank with no luck. I know someone who is willing to send me some submerse growth clippings and I just don't want it to die.

Any suggestions on care for this plant?
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Got some clarification on this plant....such an amazing plant. If you get clippings from a plant that is already submerse then you don't have a problem with the acclimation. If you get clipping from an emerse plant then you will need to acclimate....have them float in your tank until it sends out roots.

Another tidbit....it is a stem plant but can be treated like a rhizome plant. You can tie on to driftwood, rocks, etc....interesting huh. I have some clippings and doing both.
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

That is pretty interesting and a very pretty plant. I like the leaf slender leaf structure and of course coloring. If you end up with extra trimmings at some point let me know!
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
      110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Very good to know NorthStar I am planning on getting some for my two tanks just got to wait until payday the ones ill be getting are coming from tanks so I think they should be ok but if they haven't got roots I will float them until they grow some
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Mine didn't have roots but were grown in the water already. They were clippings from the top of the plant so I just ended up tying some to a driftwood and I put one stem in the substrate.

Hopefully mine will grow wild so I can offer clippings to everyone. It is such a pretty plant.
          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

I had one but managed to kill it. I think I might try it again and see if I can get it to thrive next time. It's such a lovely plant.

Comment

Here is a picture of the plant....

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1368836807699.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	138559

Such a lovely plant. It is bouncing back.
              Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Wow, what a lovely plant indeed. Hope it keeps making good progress for you.
                Christine

Comment

The picture doesn't do it justice...I can't wait until it takes off in my tank. I think this is my new favorite plant.
                  Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

That is a nice looking plant. It is neat to be able to see the different colors it shows for others compared to what mine looks like . Gotta love the versatility of it in a scape.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
                      That is a nice looking plant. It is neat to be able to see the different colors it shows for others compared to what mine looks like . Gotta love the versatility of it in a scape.
                      I would love to see a picture of yours Chevy if you don't mind.
                      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by NorthStar View Post
                        I would love to see a picture of yours Chevy if you don't mind.
                        Mine doesn't look as nice, but this is a picture of it before I trimmed down most of the tall stuff to encourage the creeping growth.

Comment

I broke down and ordered another from P_volitan online today. Maybe I can keep this one alive....

Comment

Chevy yours look nice.

Originally posted by amber0107 View Post
                            I broke down and ordered another from P_volitan online today. Maybe I can keep this one alive....
                            He's selling them? Is it posted on Aquabid?

Edit: Did a google search and found the Hygrophila pinnatfida on sale:

http://www.substratesource.com/index...item&c=p&i=219
                            Last edited by NorthStar; 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM.
                            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Comment

Thanks, I can vouch for the great quality of the hygro from P_volitan, that is who I got mine from as a freebie.

Comment

Working...
                              X