Red Root Floater Plant Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Root Floater Plant Discussion

Nice, this is a good floater to spread around . It is starting to sound like the brazilian pennywort that has been spread around well. This will be great to get a good understanding of the RRF from many perspectives.

Comment

Mine is doing ok would probably do better if the duckweed wouldn't keep miraculously reproducing lol
      Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Mine made some flowers, hadn't noticed them before, they're soooo tiny!

__________________________________________________ _____
        Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
        110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

I purchased some a few weeks back and mine are growing tiny flowers too. They're doing well in my betta tank so far.

Comment

Aww how cute! Mine all died

Comment

Those little flowers are very cute mine all got eaten by the snails but now I have less snails when I come back from Italy I will order some more

Comment

Originally posted by kinezumi89 View Post
                Aww how cute! Mine all died
                It seems like when I got mine 99% died and few pads came back and grew the rest so I'm not surprised. I will send you some more at some point lol.

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                Those little flowers are very cute mine all got eaten by the snails but now I have less snails when I come back from Italy I will order some more
                My snails like it too, they hang out upside down eating it but its like a weed and keeps up for now. Have fun in Italy!!!
                __________________________________________________ _____
                Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                  It seems like when I got mine 99% died and few pads came back and grew the rest so I'm not surprised. I will send you some more at some point lol.

My snails like it too, they hang out upside down eating it but its like a weed and keeps up for now. Have fun in Italy!!!
                  Thank you Matt

Comment

Originally posted by chevyguy8893 View Post
                    Matt, thank you for posting those awesome pictures and what you have experienced with it! It has definitely done very well for you, and looks great the way you have it. Nice work!

Jeta, it really doesn't seem too demanding outdoors, which is surprising. The only person that i know of (just found out) that has had them turn red inside had them under 16 T5HO's.

I changed out the water on my outdoor container and cleaned up the snail mess. Oddly enough the snail disappeared without a trace. Despite the large amount of snail waste and no water changes for a couple weeks, the RRF continued to grow just fine. So, with the complete water change I decided to add some more snails, a few pieces of NLS pellets, 1 mL of flourish comprehensive, and 1 mL of iron (both added to 1/4 gallon of water). All that is in EI dosed water that had 40-50 ppm of nitrates and 1-2 ppm of phosphates. I'm just curious what a large excess of some nutrients will do to them .

Very nice picture! I used to grow these red root floaters outdoor too and they turn pretty good color. Once I put them back to the tank, they turn kinda orange

Outdoor

Back to the tank:

Comment

I had some too but mine all died when I transferred them to a different tank. I love the red roots.

Great job btw Matt on your RRF flowering
                      Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Ooooh...I love the color they get outside. I might have to do that when the weather warms up around here. Mine are flowering in my betta's tank but are just green. The roots are red, of course, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	015.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	140296

Comment

Does it develop seeds?
                          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Seeds? Where? On the flower? I'd have to get out my microscope....

Comment

It is nice to see that more people get to enjoy these flowering, even though they are tiny. They are definitely worth trying to grow outside just to see the color . Then again it is a nice plant without being red.

Comment

I feel the urge to order some more now I have less piggy snails

Comment

Working...
                                X