Red Root Floater Plant Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Red Root Floater Plant Discussion

My urge was too powerful I will put up some pictures once I have finished messing
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I have been letting these grow without thinning in my 10 gallon to see what growth response I could get. As expected there was more upward growth which looks nice. Over the winter mine actually seemed to slow the new growth significantly with no changes in dosing, routine, or lighting. At the beginning of last month the growth rate increased and flowers began. This was around the same time I saw an increase in flowers from my brazilian pennywort in the other tank. It was very odd and even stumped the botanist at the school. With the warmer weather I will be moving some outside again, but on a larger scale (along with a lot of other emersed plants).

DSC_0252 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

DSC_0264 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

Comment

Beautiful!
        Christine

Comment

Really interesting how vertical it wants to grow, beautiful shots as always Adam.
          __________________________________________________ _____
          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

The vertical growth even climbs the edges of the tank from time to time. I should have taken the picture before the water change to show that too. I should really get around to thinning it out, but it just looks too nice as it is lol.

Comment

I love your pictures Adam. It is postcard worthy IMO. Has the temperature change which might account for slow growth?
              Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Originally posted by NorthStar View Post
                I love your pictures Adam. It is postcard worthy IMO. Has the temperature change which might account for slow growth?
                Thanks! The slowed growth could have been from the cooler temp. It stays pretty cool in the basement during the winter, so maybe the ambient temp had something to do with it.

Comment

*waves* Hi all ... 4 years later, time for a noob to revive this thread.... so I read through all four pages of comments because I had a good handful of RRF in my 10g Endler tank, but slowly they have all died. Just won an auction for some more, so I wanted to read up more on them and ask some questions... Does anyone here use Flourish Excel in their RRF tank? Does anyone keep them with other floaters, like Frogbit?

This time around I will be putting a few outside (Minnesota) in a small container, a few in a 30g breeder (plants only), and again in my 10g ... I have heard temp needs to be higher, would 79-80° be good?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                  X