Natural Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Light

I've seen some fish tanks that gets about 3-4 hours of natural light exposure and the plants look amazing. Some of the plants in the tank are even growing out of the tank.

Since the sun is shifting now, I've notice half my tank is getting about an hour or two of natural lighting and the plants that get are looking amazing especially the Anubias. Do you think this is a bad idea? I haven't seen an algae outbreak on the walls or in the tank. I'm still dosing with Excel daily and this tank gets 6 and half hours of artificial light.

Re: Natural Light

So long as the algar doesn't become a nuisance there is nothing wrong with that. You may need to run the lights less. Keep focused on maintaining the balance between lighting, ferts and CO2.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

I have a tank that gets NOTHING but natural light, its actually my plant grow out tank so algae to me isnt as big of a deal. The plants are happier in that tank (thou it does get dosed a little higher with fertz) than they are in most of my other tanks.
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I will monitor the tank and any algae growth, I cut the artificial light to 5 1/2 hours now.

Comment

I have most of my problems with hair algae in the tank that I just can never get rid of lol. its the only downfall of that tank.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
          X