Another Plant ID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Plant ID

I'm not sure what variety of Apono this plant is, any ideas?

The first pic is of the leaf growing on top of the water
    [attachment=0:27pwwo04]uploadfromtaptalk1357337045938.jpg[/attachment:27pwwo04]

This pic is of a leaf growing underwater
    [attachment=1:27pwwo04]uploadfromtaptalk1357337102025.jpg[/attachment:27pwwo04]

Re: Another Plant ID

Looks like a crypt. Perhaps Crypt Nevillii?? Doesn't look like it but it could be a Cryptocoryne Moehlmanni.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Do they start as bulbs? Because I bought this bulb from PetCo stating as an Apono Bulb.

Comment

Oh. LOL Probably an apono then. I'd guess either Aponogeton queenslandicus or aponogeton distachyos. Most likely the second since I seem to remember Queenslandicus being rarer.
        -Jonathan

Comment

Not sure if this pic will help

[attachment=0:20wlhxip]uploadfromtaptalk1357421156379.jpg[/attachment:20wlhxip]

[attachment=1:20wlhxip]uploadfromtaptalk1357421214073.jpg[/attachment:20wlhxip]

Comment

That looks a bit like my mystery apono. I will be working on the tank tomorrow and will try to get a few pictures of it.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by catsma_97504
              That looks a bit like my mystery apono. I will be working on the tank tomorrow and will try to get a few pictures of it.
              Aponogeton mysteriosa to be exact

Comment

Ah, definitely not distachyos. Flowers are different. Flowers don't look quite like Queenslandicus either. This link has a picture of a plant just like yours that is called Apono sp. I dunno why they don't give the full name. http://idtools.org/id/aquariumplants/Aq ... mages.html
                -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                X