growing macroalgae

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• growing macroalgae

Is there a type of Macro Algae that can survive in 1.016 water? Going to be starting a Volcano Shrimp tank! would like to try for a biotope but I saw a tank with some cool looking Macro Algaes growing in it.
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Did you manage to find anything out? I wish I could help if you ever need to grow green algae I've had loads of experience lol
    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Bahahaha actually there is a guy who has volcano shrimp (I didn't save the link sadly) he had an awesome tank filled with all kinds of algaes he pulled from his tanks fuge... basically some did well and some just grew slower... I have also learned if done right you can have corals survive at 1.016 salinity!!!! Needless to say I am excited for the silicone smell to go away!
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Lol yay me too I'm looking forward to seeing your tank progress
        Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I am too! I posted a question in my DIY thread... maybe you know the answer I am still a noob at silicone anything haha
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Cured silicone will still smell sometimes.

Yeah, most algaes should be fine.
            -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
            X