Cholla wood as the trunk and Lava rocks as the base. I used Anubias Nana

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1362795165097.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	141613

I love it!!! I want one

Comment

I have two in my tank. I had these Cholla wood for the longest time didn't know what to do with it.

Comment

I want some, I think it would look neat in Vlad's deserty tank (it is cactus, after all). Last time I went to Hobby Lobby (over the summer, I think?) looking for it, I couldn't find any Went to like three stores too.

I love the tree look Most people use moss for trees but I love the actual leaves.

Comment

Haha thanks for making that for me AP!!!
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Lol...that is why I posted my project

Comment

I love its shape.....tall and not too wide. All of my projects end up bigger than anticipated....great job on sizing.
              36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

On my other Anubias Tree/column I have an Anubias Nana Gold as the the top.

Comment

That is really neat looking.
                  __________________________________________________ __________
                  Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

That's pretty cool. What did you use to attach the plants to the wood? It looks like plant weights but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dlondon95 View Post
                      That's pretty cool. What did you use to attach the plants to the wood? It looks like plant weights but I'm not sure.
                      Plant anchors Didn't feel like tying with a sewing thread

Comment

Haha. I tied mine with fish wire once and it was just a total pain in the butt. Now in just use a loose rubber band and after about a month, the plant is anchored and the rubber band breaks.

I never thought to use plant anchors though, so I may do that next time!

Comment

I got the idea from Matt. I will never go back tying with string again...such a pain.

Comment

That looks cool AP I think one with Petite would be awesome too, glad to help with the anchors again.
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Now that is just way cool!
                              Christine

Comment

Working...
                              X