DIY C02

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY C02

So I've made my own DIY C02. I've made a diffuser out of a chopstick, it works really well very small fine bubbles. Wondering if its ok to run it through my intake on the cannister filter or should I try to do something. With my power head?
    Matt

Re: DIY C02

If you are using a diffuser to get tiny bubbles that's all you need. The reason CO2 is run through a filter or a power head is to break the bubbles into tiny particles. You've already done that!

The bamboo sticks can quickly plug up with algae and bacteria, so will need replacing often. Another excellent diffuser for a DIY set up is to simply stuff a small bit of cotton into the end of the tubing.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

Yes, chopsticks will clog up quickly. When I had an algae problem, I was replacing it almost twice a week.

I think a makeup remover pad works the best because the fibers are backed really close together.

Comment

Well the chopstick lasted almost 3 Weeks. now im using some poly fill bunched in a ball and stuffed into the end of the tube, it works really well. see how long it takes to clog that up.
        also I got a CO2 tank the other day, now I gotta piece it together get it filled up and get it going, might be a while as funds are low right now. Can some one link me info on setting up a co2 tank Thanks a BUNCH
        MATT
        Matt

Comment

are you looking for a parts list or more of a complete how to do type.
          -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
          If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
          Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
          Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3
            are you looking for a parts list or more of a complete how to do type.
            both
            Matt

Comment

Working...
            X