Issues with DIY co2, help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with DIY co2, help!

Ok so when i setup my diy co2 on my 29 gallon, I hooked the tube to a nutrafin co2 ladder/bubble counter. A couple of hours after making the batch I got some bubbles to go through the ladder. However, later that night, the bubbles stopped coming out of the tube that is attached to the ladder. The tank is 18 inches tall, the ladder is at the bottom of the tank. I thought that maybe it was because the tube was too far into the tank, or does that even matter? I checked for leaks, but there isn't a single leak in the system. I put the tube into the intake of the filter, but it was far too noisy. So back the the ladder, I shortened the tubing and moved the ladder up to the top right under the filter outtake. I still don't see any bubbles. Any idea what could be causing this?

Over night as the house cools it is not all that uncommon for gas production to slow or stop. Could this be all that has happened?
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

was the yeast fairly fresh? not like old stuff you just decided to try?
      -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
      If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
      Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
      Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

I think that the yeast was ok, All I know is that the bubbles come out fine when I hook it to the filter, but for some reason I can't get it to work otherwise. I'm just going to leave it that way, its more efficiant than the ladder anyway.

Comment

Many purchased diffusers won't work if there isn't enough pressure. It is possible that this is the case with your ladder. Running it through a filter or even just stuffing a small wad of cotton into the end of the tube are the best diffuser methods I've found.
          - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
          Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
          Socrates

Comment

Ya I agree Dena. So far I have found that diffusing with a power head or filter is the most efficient for DIY co2. One of these days I'll use a pressurized system, but for the time being i'll stick with DIY since I'm starting to get the hang of it and am having descent success. I definitely notice the difference with real co2 than the excel, I still use them in conjunction though, just not as much.

Comment

Working...
            X