Building a multiple 2.5g cubicle type stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a multiple 2.5g cubicle type stand

So the wall next to my door I have nothing planned to go there so I thought I'd put my shrimp breeding project there... The.walls about 8 foot but I want the.stand to be 6 foot and. Stand about 6 foot ( allows for area under it to place equipment like buckets...) The 2.5 I measured is about 11" long so I figured give it 13" of space to fit it in and that would allow for about 5 across and I want to it to go 3 high (total of 15 2.5g tanks)

As for heating I was actually going to let it just be room tempature as my blues have been rabbits in room temp... So it shouldn't effect other neos much... I could always instal some heating pads under each tank or something Idk I'd have to think it through...

Of.course they'd.be planted so I was thinking of finding some leds I could line each section with I say some led strips on eBay but not 100% sure how they work :/... So yeah kinda random but this.was.my idea
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Sounds like a great idea. You may want to allow more than an inch on each side. Could be difficult moving the tank. LED strips should be more than enough for the small tanks.

Take pictures when you start building. Bet it will be a fun project.
    - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
    Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
    Socrates

Comment

About how many LEDs do you think I'd need per tank for low light... Or medium low?

And as for space for each one... Maybe 15" allows 2" wiggle room on each side I just go from 5 across to 4 and maybe go 4 high...

I'll talk to my dad and see how we could go about doing this he loves playing with his tools haha...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Found this on eBay pretty cheap but I'm not sure if it already has a power source or if i'd have to build that... I'm not techie so I'm not sure how to go about.doing it... I'll keep looking.around but that's basically what I want... It's 16.4' so I could wrap it 3 times on each "shelf" so I'd need 3-4

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=320967436300

This is my idea for the tanks... The measurements are based off of my current 3g parallel I bought from Wal-Mart
        Last edited by RogueAgent94; 05-01-2013, 06:59 PM. Reason: Merged posts.
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Hmmm...have you factored the humidity that accompanies having all these tanks in your room especially during the summer?
          Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

Walmart sells these dehumidifier things I plan to buy a few :-).

Okay so plans changed... now I'm going to set this up for 5g tanks... I want at least 10 so I figured I can fit 3 side by side and do 3 shelves... (the blues are going to live on the kitchen counter) so each cubby will be about 24"x12"x15" should give adequate room for each tank...

I dint really have a question as I'm not a carpenter but what kind of wood should I get that can hold this weight I'm planning on?
            2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Good pine or fir (inexpensive), should be fine with support
              36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Hmmm I may go with pine :-). Thanks for the suggestion! And for a dumb question... should I use a nail gun or use an electric drill? Dads got both lol...
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I like screws over nails, you can take it apart for moving in the future with screws
                  36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I also prefer screws.
                    -Jonathan

Comment

Alright pine and nails it is!!!! (Kidding screws) I'm excited to get this going... maybe able to start it in a few weeks... this weekend I'm laying some carpet Alex got... (its pink, no bathroom sink comments people... Dino >_>)
                      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

you and pink..... esspecially in a head.

Sounds like a good plan, cant wait to see your progress with it.
                        -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                        If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                        Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Haha my roommate said I can have the 3rd bedroom for my shrimp projects as long as its concidered the animal room (were getting a small luvseat(Sp?) For the dogs and I want to build some cat high risers for willow and small fry (and the unknown kitten the roommate buying tomorrow...) so we gots a zoo going in haha...

Instead of doing one large wall I decided to convert the closet into the shrimp gallery... however I need to figure out what sort of boards I can buy from it that are water resistant so I don't have a large molding issue... I'm also buying a dehydrator for that room as well to aid it...

Tank wise I'm debating regular 5.5g or getting 5g bow fronts... I like the looks of the bows but the rectangle has more floor space (right.) Idk I'll figure it out eventually lol...
                          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I didn't read the entire thread not sure if this was suggested, but have you considered one of those metal shelving units from CostCo? You can fit a lot of 5 g tanks on them.
                            Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

Comment

... I've never heard of Costco before.... but no that was never suggested.... would home depot or ace have them? I wouldn't mind checking them out...
                              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Working...
                              X