DIY Lava Rock feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Lava Rock feature

I'm pulling a MattB and wanted to create a rock feature/RCS haven in my tank. I am planning on attaching a variety of Anubias species (Nana, Petite, Barteri and Coffeefolia) and Java moss. Still thinking of attaching some cholla wood. Part of my redesign in my tank. Still need to build this up. Work in progress.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360717947572.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	141554

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360717961262.jpg
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	141555

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360717969468.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	141556

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by AmazonPassion; 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM.

Woah, looks awesome!! Why didn't you use aquarium safe or epoxy instead of silicone? It's much less of an eyesore.
    -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
      Woah, looks awesome!! Why didn't you use aquarium safe or epoxy instead of silicone? It's much less of an eyesore.
      I thought about that, but I figured you aren't going to see the silicone once moss and Anubias are attached to it.

Comment

Very true. Are you going to cover it with Flame Moss? That would look awesome.
        -Jonathan

Comment

I'm going with Java Moss, I need the moss to grow horizontal and not vertical.

Comment

I like it, looks really cool, and with the plants it will look awesome in the tank. Im sure the shrimp will really appreciate it.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

That is going to look great in your tank!
              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
              Socrates

Comment

I use lava rock as filtration too. So once that stuff is seeded probably you could instantly cycle a tank with it!
                -Jonathan

Comment

No immediate new tanks in my future, Guinea Pig cage took the spot where I was going to place my other 100g tank.

Comment

That looks really cool CJ have you see the anubias nana bonsai they are so little and cute.

Can't wait to see it when it done
                    Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

Darn rodent! Don't they know that tanks take precedence!? lol
                      -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                        That looks really cool CJ have you see the anubias nana bonsai they are so little and cute.

Can't wait to see it when it done
                        Yeah, I have some Anubias bonsai also known as Anubias Barteri var. Nana Petite in my shrimp tank which I will be pulling them out and putting them in my main tank.

Comment

Cool I did have a sneaky feeling you would you'll soon be known as the anubias king
                          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

I already know him as the Anubias King!

Nice work grasshopper, you have come far in the diy'ing of decor, now you must harness the power of gunk and algae, it'll cover the silicone eventually
                            I love it! It kind of looks like the remnants of an old castle foundation or something, don't get too carried away though, I wouldn't want you knocking me off my self appointed throne
                            __________________________________________________ _____
                            Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                            110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

That's going to look great CJ.
                              Christine

Comment

Working...
                              X