Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do you feed cucumber/zucchini?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often do you feed cucumber/zucchini?

Hello all,

As many of you know, I am the proud new owner of mystery snails. I am now keeping zucchini and cucumber on hand all the time, much the to pleasure of Nubbins, my BN pleco.

But, as a new mystery-snail-owner, I'm not sure how often to feed. The snails seem to eat a slice in about two days. Should I keep a slice in there all the time, IE once they finish it, put a new one in? Or do you just do one slice per week?

This also goes for plecos (hence why I didn't just put it in the snails forum). I more often feed algae wafers and shrimp pellets, but I'm sure Nubbins probably prefers zucchini/cucumber.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

I feed one large slice its gone in about 4 days then I half the time it took to eat it and then ad.a new one... So I'd wait 2 days then add a new one... But I have hundreds.of snails... Not sure how it'd go with plecos
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I usually keep a constant supply in tanks with plecos.
      The old that is strong, does not wither.

Comment

Oh really! I will have to give Nubbins more cucumber and zucchini then. Thank you both for your input.

Comment

When I can afford to buy one.

Comment

They're like a dollar (Unless that was your point, smarty-pants )

Comment

LoL... I was wondering the same thing.... glad you posted this!
              It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
              As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I always have some kind of veggie in the tank. As soon as one is polished off, I throw in another piece. Might explain the bazillion snails I have in there.
                __________________________________________________ __________
                Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I threw in a mini cucumber in my tank cut in half it was about 5 inches long... I think every inhabitant has chewed on it... it was gone in 3 days
                  It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
                  As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I have 3 veggie clips. One for the 55g, one for the snail tank, and one for the 29g. I also put a rubberband on a piece of drift wood and added an extra "clip" to the 29g. Why so many? Everyone loves blanched zucchini in my tanks. One slice is gone in a day. Even my cories eat it and my loaches poke at it.

As for the extra in the 29g...these little guys might be why:

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5010091.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	138348
                    ~Erin
                    10g, 20g, 29g, 55g

Comment

Working...
                    X