Zucchini as a food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zucchini as a food

Just wanted to know how big of a slice of Zucchini do you use? Or how thick?

I know you are suppose to take it out after 24 hours because after that it turns into mush (from my experience). I cut my mine length wise and thin, but I'm thinking now that if I do it thicker I can leave it in longer.

How long do you leave yours in?
    Please check out:

Forum Rules

Information about Duplicate Posts

Warnings, Infractions and Bannings

If I'm feeding my otos, I slice it thin enough it fits in my veggie clip so I can keep it away from the cory's. Otherwise my otos don't stand a chance. I put it in at night and then take it out the next night usually. If I'm feeding it to shrimp and snails, I just cut it into chunks and it's gone in a matter of hours.

Comment

I have so many snails I just cut the cucumber/zucchini into 4ths and add one slice... It's normally gone in 3 days...
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
      1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
      40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I cut mine into about 3" chunks and drop it in in the morning. It is usually gone by the following evening.
        __________________________________________________ __________
        Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

I cut mine diagonally down the zucchini and about an inchish thick and scewer it and leave it till its gone everyone has a go in my big tank

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367606442.497559.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	138371
          Of course everyone else has to get past the snails first

Usually it's gone on 24 hrs. This is an older photo because some snails were taken out
          Never underestimate the power of a smile

Comment

LoL between my fish and 3 snails an entire zucchini or cucumber will be gone in 3 days
            It does not matter if you are right or wrong...
            As long as you learn and Keep Moving Forward!

~Anthony

Comment

I've only got 4 mysteries and 1 rams horn so I just cut off a 1" - 1.5" slice and stick it in there. sometimes it's gone in a couple day's sometimes I end up taking it out. it really just depends on how fast they start it on it. If they are munching slowly I'll take it out after 24 hours. If they've been going to town I'll let them finish it off.

I've been using a clip on suction cup from an old heater to clamp on to the zucchini but it doesn't always work that well. What do you guys use?
              8 GloFish
              6 Glowlight Tetra
              1 Dwarf Gourami
              4 Mystery Snail

Comment

I just spear mine with a fork

Comment

plastic or stainless?
                  8 GloFish
                  6 Glowlight Tetra
                  1 Dwarf Gourami
                  4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Stainless! I don't blanch them, so plastic wouldn't be heavy enough.

Comment

lol..i was thinking as I drove to subway "plastic or stainless? What a dumb question. Plastic would just float!"
                      8 GloFish
                      6 Glowlight Tetra
                      1 Dwarf Gourami
                      4 Mystery Snail

Comment

Tee hee

Comment

I cut mine about a half inch thick and just replace it as its gone more or less, generally the slice will last 2-3 days depending on the tank. Mysteries eat ALOT of it in my short experience with them. I either use a weighted veggie clip or just stick a plant weight through it and toss it in.
                          __________________________________________________ _____
                          Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
                          110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

With me, it depends on what's in the tank. If it's a million shrimp like my RCS, then I'll cut a chunk that's about an inch. Ditto goes for the 29G which has two Plecos and a million of MTS snails in it. However, if it's one of my lesser established tanks such as my Blue shrimp tank, then it's more like 1/4 inch.

Comment

I use either a bbq skewer or stick some plant weighs through them to make them sink.
                              __________________________________________________ __________
                              Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Working...
                              X