This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krill

Does anybody ever feed Krill to their FW fish? I was reading that in addition to beneficial Krill oil, feeding krill in a supplementary manner can have some mind blowing color enhancing effects. Plus they just look tasty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Try not to be a man of success but a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

Say what you mean and do what you say. -Alot of people
    110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

I feed frozen krill to mine :-) my betta Cresendo and the cories love it! I think the snails that get pieces like it as well! Maybe that's why Cresendo is super pink lol
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I don't but Krill is very good for preparing breeders lol. I used to use krill to fatten up my breeders and get them in the 'mood'.
      -Jonathan

Comment

Thanks guys I'm getting some for my Angels, so Jon, its like oysters to them right?
        Last edited by Matt B; 03-06-2013, 08:59 AM.

Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something. -Plato

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Pretty much LOL
          -Jonathan

Comment

If you over feed it your fish will start to turn pink lol.
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
              If you over feed it your fish will start to turn pink lol.
              Hmmmm, may be your culprit Sean

I won't, I'm going to use it for the Angels, I want baby ones

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Oh no... Jim how did you find out...
                2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
                2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
                1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
                40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
                "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Guy at the LFS he fed his albino oscar that all the time and when he was breaking down the tank brought him into the store for the display, I had never seen a PINK oscar before until then...

Someone actually offered a sizeable amount of cash for the "rare" fish and the owner sold it as fast as he could lol
                  -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B View Post
                    Does anybody ever feed Krill to their FW fish? I was reading that in addition to beneficial Krill oil, feeding krill in a supplementary manner can have some mind blowing color enhancing effects. Plus they just look tasty

I feed Krill, high protein. Fish loves it. Just make sure you buy the juvenile and not the adult Krill (huge) or you can slice them up.

Comment

Haha! Funny story Jim!

Thanks AP, they did look kinda huge, I'll look for a smaller variety.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

lol it made me think of what can I feed fish to make some more "rare" species I mean I know what happens when you eat too much broccoli or asparagus, then again red velvet cake has a sometimes similar effect.
                        -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by pirahnah3 View Post
                          lol it made me think of what can I feed fish to make some more "rare" species I mean I know what happens when you eat too much broccoli or asparagus, then again red velvet cake has a sometimes similar effect.

I will never eat Red Beets for reason. Freaked me out the first time

Comment

LOL yeah it can do that...Freaked my buddies son out to no end with the cake.
                            -Jim-

Comment

As expected the fish loved it. I tried just breaking it up with my hands but that only led to a bunch of fish swimming around for half an hour with big chunks of krill in their mouths. It looks like I am actually going to have to add a cutting board and knife to my dedicated fish equipment.

110G, 65G, 10, 300G Pond

Comment

Working...
                              X