This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repashy and Snails

So here is an interesting question, I have pond snails in one of my tanks, I know the population explodes the more you feed. When I feed repashy the fish dont swarm it and tend to pick on it for a while like its designed to have happen. My question comes in thou as what do I do with all the snails that are munching away on it?
    -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
    If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
    Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Drop some assassin snails into the tank

Comment

LOL What CJ said.

Or add a powerhead. My powerhead eats pond snails lol.
      -Jonathan

Comment

Give them to me
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

I put food like that on an oystershell. It keeps the mess consolidated, and I can pull the shell to remove snails that are snacking
          36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Thanks for the ideas, the tank has a power head, no joy on it eating the snails...

I tried the assasin snail thing once but had a problem with a fertilizer overdose and it killed all my inverts in the tank (including what I thought was all the pond/bladder snails) I would like to try another assasin or two but cant seem to find them locally and AB is just outragous on pricing for them.

I like the shell idea I might have to use that one.

Sean there small but ill give you anything I can catch..
            -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
            If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
            Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Working...
            X