This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone ever feed blackworms?

I am buying a group of wild fish soon and they are fed blackworms and bloodworms along with normal pellets foods... has anyone ever fed blackworms before? how do you care for them in their own tank? what do you feed them? most important if you don't use them fast enough will they turn into flys or something like bloodworms?

I can setup a 5g critter carrier for them to live in with a small HOB filter... do they need sand, plants, heaters? I want them happy if they don't have a flying insect form as i believe you are what you eat and I want the healthiest fish possible!
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

I've never heard of blackworms before. I don't like keeping anything living that could potentially turn into a fly. I don't like to use the word "hate" but I hate flies.
    __________________________________________________ __________
    Lori

30G, 5G

Comment

Well I am not sure if they will turn into flies or it they are a light water worm species... As I don't want to wake up to a room full of worms haha
      2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
      "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

No flys.
        I get a tbl spoon once a month of California blackworms. I feed mybpea puffers, my betta, and spoil my rams and bigger tetras.
        just a tupperware is the frdge holds em great. Small gladware with a few holes for vents. Cover the worms with water, bout 1cm in tge bottom of the container.
        Everyday, when you feed, fill the container with fresh dechlorinated water (I scoop some out of a tank, but I keep my nitrates low5-10). Pour off water to original line. Clean worms ready to be lunch
        They turn white when they're no good, kinda clear.
        No feeding, they live off their body weight. You'll need to up the # of worms per meal towards the end of the month, as they're a lot smaller than they started
        36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Arnt they breedable I mean I hate the idea of leaving them in the fridge... Idk I'll look more into it though...
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

If my fish ate more worms (they barely finish the single serving), I was gonna try this:
            http://www.flaringfins.com/blackworms.html
            36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

I defiantly have plenty of fish that will eat them... I'll check out doing that
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

I fed my fish blackworms! Love the little guys. I'm tempted to start a new culture in my emersed tank. I usually started a cluture under the substrate and allowed them to multiply and slowly feed the tank on their own.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by RogueAgent94 View Post
                  I fed my fish blackworms! Love the little guys. I'm tempted to start a new culture in my emersed tank. I usually started a cluture under the substrate and allowed them to multiply and slowly feed the tank on their own.
                  So you put the blackworms in the substrates and covered them? Sorry I can't focus right now so that kinda made no sense to my brain...
                  2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

Uh... kinda lol.
                    -Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                    X