This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preserving Repashy

How do you guys do it? Freezing doesn't work for me. It sucks all of the water out, the water turns into ice, and then I'm left with some really weird mush.

I cut mine into squares and individually bag them... I still get crystals like you but the snails don't mind
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Individually bag? What kind of bag do you use?

Comment

Small Ziploc baggies
        2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
        2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
        1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
        40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
        "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Hmmm... I wonder if my freezer isn't cold enough...

Comment

If your batch is turning to mush maybe it needs to be heated more when mixing? I cut each batch into squares and freeze them. Yes, they crystallize, but once thawed they maintain their shape. The only time I run into issues is when the mix doesn't set right.
            - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
            Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
            Socrates

Comment

I didn't describe it right. Not really a "mush". I'll get a pic of my frozen repashy on sunday when i get back from vacation. Maybe that's how it's supposed to look.

Comment

I just make a batch every 10-14 days and keep in in a little tupperware in the fridge
                36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Working...
                X