This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding BBS

Does anyone hatch and feed BBS to their adult fish? I saw CN's video where he was feeding it to his endlers but would bigger fish, like angels and rams, be able to actually find and eat BBS?

Has anyone ever tried growing brine shrimp to their adult state?

Re: Feeding BBS

Well, I can try feeding some bbs to my other fish and see what happens.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Originally posted by Cichlidnut
      Well, I can try feeding some bbs to my other fish and see what happens.
      That would be appreciated! I just don't know if the angels and other bigger fish will just be like "oh look, some specs floating around in the water".

Comment

I've heard that as a brine shrimp matures, it loses most of its nutritional value. I would think that it would be best to feed brine shrimps as babies.

Comment

We're talking about feeding baby brine to adult fish...

My adult Angels were mildly interested in the BBS. My young Angels like them.
          Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

I know. At the end of the original post, Dillon asked about growing the brine shrimp to their adult state.

Comment

Adults will rarely look at napuli (newly hatched bbs) unless you squirt in a massive amount. I know this from feeding my fry that are being parent raised.

Angels up to quarter sized will gobbled them down. Older than that they would be more interested in things like livebearer fry.

I imagine that the smaller tetras and fish of this size would be interested. Endlers do not surprise me being as they are smaller.

As for growing BBS into adults, I have tried unsuccessfully. It is not easy keeping the water churning fast enough or to feed them. Water changes are a nightmare! Those of you who have raised fry already know how difficult it is to not suck up the fry, and these things are microscopic in comparison.
              - Dena

All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.
              Walt Disney

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
              Socrates

Comment

BBS are great for smaller fish. My guppies especially enjoyed them. Worked great for breeding them too. Larger fish like adult cichlids, goldfish, etc don't really appreciate them.
                -Jonathan

Comment

Okay. I'll just stick with feeding them to the smaller fish. I'm not even gonna bother trying to grow them out. I looked it up and it just looks like way to much work for little benefit.

Comment

Working...
                  X