This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• instant ocean vs. NLS vs. omega one

All the pet stores near me sell omega one and instant ocean made fish foods... what is the difference between those and NLS?
    2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
    2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
    1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
    40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
    "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Omega is made with Whole Salmon, Halibut and seafood mix of Rockfish, Krill and Shrimp. They also include Kelp. All of the seafood and kelp is caught in the Alaskan waters and put on ice immedatley. It's then shipped to their processing facility in the lower 48s. Their products used to be processed in Sitka, Ak where it's harvested but moved as it was easier to distribute. It doesn't contain that fishmeal.

http://www.omegasea.net/best3.html
    Christine

Comment

Never heard of Instant Ocean food. I use both Omega and NLS when I actually buy food so both are pretty good.
      -Jonathan

Comment

I use Omega One and NLS. Omega One is the same quality as NLS, IMO. I like that they have a wider range of food products. I really like their kelp pellets. Instant ocean is more geared to saltwater fish.
        Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00156.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	137531
          Thats the food i bought... may pick up some omega one when i get a fish... btw this is for saltwater fish
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Medium to large fish? Do you even have any fish!?
            -Jonathan

Comment

... i am planning ahead and i also have a Nass snail to feed and at the lfs I got them from the jumped all over the sinking pellets he fed....
              2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)

Comment

The only thing about Omega One is it contains Exothyquin. It's a highly controversial preservative know to cause all sorts of problems with humans and cats and dogs. It's highly controlled in human foods, but not in pet foods. Look it up for sure and deicide from there.

Comment

Working...
                X