This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best repashy for dwarf corys

My dwarf cories got hooked on shrimp souffle while some blues were temp stored in the tank. I'm trying to decide on a good resaphy just for them, now the shrimp are in their perm home. I wasn't sure which would be a better choice, the soilent green or the community formula......any thoughts?
    36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Meat pie or Shrimp souffle IMO. I feed the shrimp souffle for to my corries. It's intended for all bottom feeders.
    Information about Duplicate Posts

Comment

I would feed community formula because Corydoras prefer meat base food then algae.

I tried feeding soilent green and my Pygmy Cories just ignored it.

Comment

I think the solient green is primarily for "algae eaters". My otos love it. But then again, any type of repashy I throw in to the tank, my cory's are all over.

Comment

I have only used the shrimp one and my red cherries and snails loved it... I caught my betta nipping at it from time to time :-)
          2.5g Betta tank (Rayne)
          2.5g Apple Snail tank (Silver)
          1.5g Saltwater MTS vase (tough little dudes)
          40g red ear slider tank (Kappa)
          "Normal is just an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly." -- Morticia Adam

Comment

Soilent green is not 100% vegetarian. There is some meat in it. Supergreen is the one that is 100% plant proteins.

Comment

That's why I was wondering on soilent vs community.everything ive seen lists algae wafers as a good food sorce for dwarf cories......I was thinking the soilent green was kinda a traditional algae wafer gel (most algaewafer have fish in them as an ingredient.....my Ali has it as tge first)
              36g ram community, 10g blue jelly shrimp, 10g orange pumpkin shrimp, 5g ADF, 12g reef, 55g hex reef

Comment

Ooohh...Supergreen....something else to add to my shopping list.

Comment

Your shopping will be really easy, just contact catsma here on the site and she will get you some really good deals on it!
                  -Jim-

Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                  If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts
                  Originally posted by Theodore Geisel
                  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Originally posted by featherblue View Post
                    That's why I was wondering on soilent vs community.everything ive seen lists algae wafers as a good food sorce for dwarf cories......I was thinking the soilent green was kinda a traditional algae wafer gel (most algaewafer have fish in them as an ingredient.....my Ali has it as tge first)
                    I don't feed my Corries Algae wafers. There are specialized bottom feeder pellets that are better, my corries love shrimp pellets . Meat Pie would be very good for them, or even spawn and grow.

Comment

I agree Nut, my corries love shrimp pellets! Thou Brine shrimp I think are some of the most favored, they will fight off about anything to get to them.
                      -Jim-

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind donít matter and those who matter donít mind.

Comment

Fear the cory wrath!

Comment

So of the repashy options which would complement tge shrimp souffle for a round cory diet? They really like it, and I have it on hand for all my neos

Comment

I would say that if you already use it and they like it, that continued use wouldnt be completely bad at all. I might use it as a cost saving measure (meaning you can buy larger quantities of one type of main food) I would think to also suppliment once or twice a week with something a bit meatier for them but other than that go with what works for them.
                            -Jim-

Comment

I never feed just one food to my fish but shrimp souffle is perfectly fine for them. My corries really like Repashy, it's easy for them to eat. Shrimp Souffle is not just for shrimp. "Our Meal Replacement Gel for Scavengers of all kinds, Shrimp, Crab, Crayfish, Snails, Fish, Amphibians and Reptiles." Taken from the Repashy website. http://www.store.repashy.com/shrimp-...16-oz-bag.html

Comment

Working...
                              X